Despite the increasing international awareness of the challenges that transgender individuals experience, many companies still fail to implement adequate workplace inclusion policies.
Part of the issue stems from the inability to fully comprehend the difficulties that transgender people experience in the workplace. At National Gender Training Ltd, we strongly believe that creating an inclusive workplace is essential for your company’s success.
Firstly, failing to prevent unfair policies or discriminatory practices in your company is detrimental to your company’s reputation. Secondly, such illegal practices will inevitably lead to costly and time-consuming lawsuits.
Aside from legal considerations, treating all employees equitably, regardless of skin color, gender, religious background, ethnicity, disability, sexual preferences, or gender expression, results in increased productivity. Remember that a person who works hard and contributes to the success of your organization should never feel embarrassed or scared of going to work every day. Employees should be evaluated on the quality of their job rather than their gender identification.
Establishing an inclusive, non-discriminatory workplace fosters a sense of solidarity amongst your staff members and provides your company with access to a larger selection of qualified employees. Companies that implement zero tolerance for discrimination benefit from unity among the staff members and are much more efficient in terms of productivity.
As a result, explicit standards for respectful and professional workplace conduct should be provided to all staff members. You must also inform them of the ramifications of refusing to comply with your nondiscrimination policy standards, including those related to gender identity and expression.
The composition of your training program will be heavily influenced by the conditions of your company. For example, if you are just starting to implement an anti-discrimination policy on sexual orientation and gender identity, or if you have an employee who is currently transitioning, you may want to do a comprehensive, transgender-focused training programme. This training should be equivalent to what you would provide for other policy implementations.
Gender inclusion training is conducted in the form of small, casual chats, modules included in a wider diversity educational plan, or comprehensive educational programs delivered by gender training experts outside your organization. Gender identity awareness and inclusion training in the workplace should remain in line with other policy initiatives and training efforts.
Our training will help you:
- Educate yourself on the basic realities of gender representation, which may be complicated and daunting.
- Learn proper terminology to help you answer and engage comfortably with persons of different genders.
- If you are an employee, we will teach you how to intercede in uncomfortable circumstances by giving you the tools you need to ensure that your rights are not infringed.
- If you are a company director or a human resource manager, this training will help you eliminate gender-based discrimination in your company, ensuring that all your employees’ legal rights are respected.
Among the topics discussed are:
- Gender-neutral language and vocabulary
- Common ways in which gender diverse persons are unwittingly insulted, as well as how to respond politely
- Bullying: what it is and how to deal with it
All companies should make preventing discrimination and maintaining a courteous workplace their primary objective. This training will teach your staff how to follow your policies and how to treat all of their colleagues with respect.
Please contact us for further information about our gender-inclusive training sessions.